Saturday 31 March 2012

Introductions


Hello!

My name is Charli, and I have started this blog to capture my journey as venture out of my front door. This blog will follow me as I take my first tentative steps, right up until I let myself be swept off to see where life takes me.

I opened my front door to opportunity, by applying to be a Camp Counsellor at an American Summer Camp through CCUSA. I'm currently caught up in limbo, playing the waiting game, but that's another story, for another post.

A little about me...

I'm 22 years old, very soon to be 23, and am from a small village in England. I went to university for two years to study Psychology, and now am completing my degree through the Open University. I work full time investigating complaints at a bank, and am studying English related subjects to finish my degree in my spare time. I love working with children, and once I graduate I hope to study towards being a nursery teacher and a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator.

I enjoy going to the gym to keep fit (I'm going to need it this summer!), and love doing fencing and archery. I also play piano, and dabble in a little creative writing now and again. I hope these skills will be useful for Summer Camp!

I decided to apply for CCUSA as I have recently gone through a rather difficult and sad break-up. I needed something to look forward to...something new and exciting...something that will be bigger than "Me"...something that will, hopefully, enable me to make a difference in a child's life.

I know it will be exceptionally hard work and it will be wet, mucky and very outdoorsy (things that my parents find far too funny!). I know that I won't have a moments peace, and no matter how tired I am I will have to just "suck it up, princess". I know I'll have to put a large number of excitable childrens' needs before my own, and it's likely to all be in weather much hotter than I'm used to. But I have to say...good GOD am I excited!

I think it will do me a lot of good to be taken so far out of my comfort zone, and I will learn so many wonderful things. I can't wait to get started!

And on that note, I invite you to pull up a chair and stay a while. To join me on my journey, and let us see where we get swept off to.

No comments:

Post a Comment