Thursday 18 July 2013

Summer Camp: Crazy Things My Kids Have Said

And by "my kids" I do of course mean "other people's kids who I have the pleasure of looking after for a week".  I don't actually have kids of my own, even though 24 is "old" according to my girls this week.  I suppose it is quite old when you're only 10...

I'll add to this through the next couple of weeks, but here is some of the things the kids have said -
  • "Are you kind of British?"
  • "Is it true you have a prince over there? Do you get invited to balls?" (I love that they think England is like living in a Disney film)
  • "Would you like some sunscreen?  You're too light to be dark"
  • "College kids are smart.  We play with Legos and talk about how we hate things" (Said by a visiting college student)
  • "Are you a regular person, or are you ghetto?"
  • "What's your favourite disease?" - "Anything, so long as it's not an STD"
  • "What's your religion?" - "I'm atheist" - "Oh. That's bad"
  • "You have a smart car. It has two seats. There's you, your most trustworthy friend, the love of your life, and a pregnant woman. What do you do? ... You go home and rethink your life because you bought a Smart Car!"
  • "When they put the jelly [jam] on my sandwich.  It fell off."  (My co-counsellor was just like...um...ok?)
  • "Are you from British?" (Not only was this an incorrect use of the term, it was also said to an American counsellor!)
  • "It's like having a headache in my legs"
  • "What language do you speak in England?"
  • "Don't bring weapons to camp" (When asked what the most important rule was at camp)
  • "Do you wear hats in England?"
  • "Is this what the jungle looks like? We'll have to kill all the innocent bunnies!"
  • "No killing people" (When asked what a rule was for archery)
  • "What's your weakness?" - "Pepper spray!"
  • "I want to move to Africa to build homes and help people" (Can we get a big 'awwww'?)
  • "I had a dream that a CIT was The Lorax. We were all the animals, and we all died.  He wasn't a very good Lorax" (Said by one of the counsellors)
  • "You can't be eighteen. Teenagers are eighteen, not adults!" (Said to the above counsellor)

No comments:

Post a Comment