Thursday 5 July 2012

My Bucket List



While reading a "Bucket List" post on TheHoliDaze.com,  I realised that is something I need to do.  It's all well and good knowing there are many things I want to do in life, and sure I have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to it, but still it's so...ethereal.

Many years ago my friends and I made our Bucket Lists from tea-stained canvas, but we were quite young and rather drunk at the time.  I seem to remember having just come out of a long term relationship too.  Overall, this sort of...affected...what we wrote down.  Besides, that was so many years ago (4 years, I think?), my list has changed in some ways.

So, without any further ado, I present you with my Bucket List (which I reserve the right to come back and change whenever I please!) -


  1. Set foot on every continent
  2. Visit every state in America
  3. See the Northern Lights
  4. See the Taj Mahal
  5. Visit Tunisia and go on a Star Wars tour
  6. Visit Ethiopia
  7. Volunteer in Africa
  8. Have a travel article of mine published, either online or on paper
  9. Write a book and have it published
  10. Take a drive directed entirely by a spinning arrow, or perhaps by rolling dice
  11. Hula dance in Hawaii
  12. Do Tai Chi in China
  13. Buy a sari in India
  14. Celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans
  15. Release a floating lantern
  16. Eat pasta in Italy
  17. Ride a gondola in Venice
  18. Ride in a hot air balloon
  19. Holiday on a house boat
  20. Make a "fort" from blankets - sleep in it
  21. Attend a masquerade
  22. Visit Charlotte, North Carolina - take a photo outside a sign with the place name on it
  23. Meditate in Tibet
  24. Visit New Zealand
  25. Teach English as a foreign language
I don't want much...just adventure in the great wide somewhere....

What's on your bucket list?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I absolutely love 1, 3, 7, 8, 17,
    23, and 25! I've also been lucky enough to have experienced 10 (kinda...rock-paper-scissors), 11, 14, 18, and 19.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, hit publish early. Anyway, I love your list and the varied nature of the items. It seems that you definitely have an adventurous spirit and that is absolutely awesome! Rock on, best wishes with all your future journeys...and on knocking back these 25 items ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my List! I look forward to writing about it all as I "knock back" all the 25 items :)

      Delete
  2. Charli, I love to see that my article inspired you to write your own bucket list! The items on your list are going to create some amazing experiences for you and I look forward to one day reading your post that reflects on the bucket list experiences that you have made reality! Good luck and keep making your dreams reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kellie! I loved reading yours, and am very excited to read your posts as you go out and experience all of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete