Monday 2 July 2012

Two Week Break!

One of the pretty awesome things about my camp is that we get a two week break in the middle!  I don't think all camps do this, but I LOVE that mine does.  By the time we got to our break I was utterly exhausted, and that was exactly what I needed.

We went out in the town and went out to eat obscene amounts of food, but other than that for most of the first week I just slept.  Honestly.  I slept then crashed on the sofa and read.  Or I napped in the hammock garden.  And let me tell you...it was BLISS!

A sneak peek into some of my facebook statuses from the week -

"Definitely loving this break so far :) Had a lovely, lazy morning and now getting ready to hop in the pool for a few laps :) Work off some of the large amounts of food I ate at the All You Can Eat Buffet yesterday! Then off to relax in the hammock garden with my book and my music...and probably end up having a nap :) Just what the doctor ordered after a very chaotic, exhausting first few weeks of camp!"


"Just got back from the hammock garden.  Never felt so deliciously relaxed in my life :) Had a very lovely doze, rocking gently under the soft, green canopy of trees, with the bright blue sky peeping through, and the birds singing a beautiful lullaby..."


"Had a nice stroll around camp, and a good long natter with the other International counsellors on the Observation Deck :) Now headed over to my staff cabin to watch A Knight's Tale :) Swimming, hammocks, walking, AND Heath Ledger all in one day?! Bliss :)" 


Now doesn't all that sound beautiful?  I thought so!  I definitely need a hammock of my own...

And so ended the first part of our week, and then that weekend we headed off to the big old Windy City!

No comments:

Post a Comment