Tuesday 3 July 2012

Travel Theme : Art

Today I found myself tweeting with Amtrak, the train and bus service that I'm seriously considering using on my Big American Train Journey.  While searching through the people they follow on Twitter, I found this blog -  http://wheresmybackpack.com/.


As well as being an enlightening and interesting blog, it also suggests travel themes for each week. This seems like a fabulous idea to me, budding travel writer that I am (as of yesterday...).  So here I am, jumping on board with this week's Travel Theme - Art.
This then got me thinking...what do I consider to be art?


I'm the daughter of a photographer, so to me a photograph is art.  To other people I suppose it is specifically a drawing, or a sculpture.  I also consider certain types of graffiti to be artistic, but to many that is vandalism.  I suppose art can be a great many things, and for me it is simply something beautiful that makes me smile.  Nothing more, and nothing less.  Beauty can be found in the most unexpected of places.  Sometimes all you have to do is be willing to see it.


Therefore, I decided to compile a brief insight into my life this summer, and the little things that I think represent "art".

(Please note: All of these photographs have been taken by me, but I make no claim to be a photographer.  I think in words, not images, so bear with me!).




















2 comments:

  1. Hurrah, welcome to the travel theme this week, Charli! Lovely post, where were the 8th and 9th pics taken - the ones with the curved mirror structures - the reflections are fabulous! xxx Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the travel themes, and will be jumping on board each week I think. The 8th and 9th photo were taken in Millennium Park, Chicago - it's "Cloud Gate", commonly referred to as "The Bean". Looking forward to seeing what the next theme will be! Charli x

      Delete