Sunday 1 April 2012

Application : Pre-existing Medical Condition

There is a question on the exhaustive, initial application which asks "Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?". I was aware at this point that I would have to complete a Medical Form.

Now I had recently been told I had some "potential kidney scarring". This doesn't cause me any trouble at all, other than the confusion of not knowing why I have said scarring. I had an appointment with the Urologist coming up, but that wouldn't be for a few weeks after I was filling out the application.

I originally said "No", I did not have any pre-existing medical conditions. Then I found out about this Medical Form. Would this scarring be mentioned on the form? If I said "No" originally, and then my doctor answered "Yes", would I look like I had lied? Would that then be detrimental to my application?

I eventually decided to be better safe than sorry, and be honest. So I said "Yes" but explained that I had no trouble, no medication, and it was almost unremarkable.

Turned out to be more trouble than it was worth!

CCUSA still accepted my application, but now require that I complete a "pre-existing medical condition" form, to be signed off by my doctor. I explained that my referral appointment wasn't for a few weeks, and I wasn't even sure what would happen at that point. But they insisted.

So I went to my appointment, knowing that camps might not want me, or I might be put on hold, until I can prove that I'm not on dialysis, and won't to die on them.

And my doctor wouldn't sign the form.

He's sending me for some more tests (but admits they probably won't show anything, and will confirm that really...it's nothing!) and won't complete it until then. Argh! Mostly I think it's just because the department was running over an hour behind on their appointments and he was in a rush...

So, much to my irritation, I'm still perfectly fit and healthy, but still don't have one daft piece of paper confirming that.

The most frustrating thing?

It didn't even get mentioned on my Medical Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment