Sunday 1 April 2012

Application : Step Three

After my interview I had to get my skates on and get some paperwork together. I needed three references, from people who were not "friends, family or relatives" (I'm still puzzling over the difference between "family" and "relatives"!). For people in education this would be quite simple, get a reference from teachers, or from your part-time job etc. I was stuck with a big problem though. I work full-time, haven't been in education for a few years, and didn't think my team leaders could do my reference! Luckily three of my team leaders agreed to fill out the questionnaire :)

There was a moment of panic though, as my interviewer told me I needed the references in within 7 days of being accepted onto CCUSA. This was incorrect. It was 7 days from my interview.

My interview was on the Sunday, and I found this out on the Wednesday night! Cue major panic! I hassled my team leaders on the Thursday and got it all sorted out in time though. I scanned them onto my online profile and sent them in the post on Friday. Then emailed to make sure they arrived!

Approximately a week and a half after my interview, I was accepted onto CCUSA. Yay!

I now had to pay some more money (I chose the "non-flight" option, which I may live to regret, but based on me being utterly broke at the time, it seemed to make sense). This was my acceptance fee.

After that, my application winged it's way over to America...

No comments:

Post a Comment